Arsenal signed Cesc Fabregas in the summer of 2003 from Barcelona's academy, La Masia. It was a signing Wenger himself handpicked, Fabregas was a very talented player, and so his signing proved as the player went on to become a pivotal player in the team.

Cesc has has reveal what transpired during the time of his signing:
“We went to London during the summer. We headed to London Colney & there was David Dein and Arsène Wenger. I was like, ‘Wow!’. They just came for me because Arsène was on holiday in Paris, he flew over just to meet me.”

“Everything about that day, I remember as if it was yesterday. I was a little kid. At the end of the day, we all talk about trophies and great moments but for me, that was a great moment I will never be able to forget.”

Fabregas went on to serve the club for eight(8) years before departing for Barcelona in the summer of 2011.